This is coming a little bit late, but I want to thank Cherie of Cherie Writes for tagging me a while ago for an award on Valentine's Day. Thank you Cherie! I've also been tagged by Caitlin at All About Growing Up And Becoming A Famous Author to answer her 11 questions. Thanks Caitlin! I'm always in the mood for some fun questions, so here goes:
1. Cadbury Cream Eggs, yes or no?
Yes, fondly, although I've kinda cut back on the sugar, so I think I could only handle a bite or two now. But I think they're lovely.
2. Do you like to do writing prompts or continue with free writing time while editing?
Well, I've never really done any writing prompts outside of school, and when I'm revising, I'm revising. I'm more likely to start writing a second project while drafting something else. I'm prone to tangents, I guess.
3. Where do you spend most of your time writing?
Used to be on the couch, under a blanket, with my cat on my feet. But that's bad for the old wrists, so these days it's at a desk in my home office.
4. If you could be one person for a day, fictional, real, alive, or dead, who would you be?
Bella Swan! No, just kidding. Hmm, maybe Kara Thrace, being badass and fighting Cylons.
5. What's the biggest writing pet peeve that you catch yourself doing?
Writing the longest sentences ever, with maybe one conjunction, or sometimes more conjunctions, so that the sentences goes on and on until your eyes glaze over and you start thinking, gee, maybe I should go get some cheese or start that load of laundry that I meant to do yesterday, but didn't get around to because I had to finish working on that chapter I was revising. Okay, I'm not that bad, but I do love my conjunctions.
6. Do you prefer to write on the computer or by hand?
Computer! My hand is not fast enough. Also I have terrible handwriting.
7. Are you as terrified of having to come up with 11 questions for someone else as I was?
Um...will you hate me if I don't do that just now? It's Saturday night, and I've got a hot date with my Kindle and the second half of Paranormalcy.
8. Do you like to snack while you write, or does it distract you?
It doesn't distract me the way noise does. I guess I go ahead and snack if I'm hungry?
9. What is the most mundane task that has given you inspiration for writing?
That's a hard one. I can't think of anything. A lot of my inspiration comes from music.
10. Why did the chicken cross the road?
Because he was seeking enlightenment. Or maybe just trying to get to the beach.
11. Would you rather write well and never be published or write terribly, be published, and be loved by millions?
Writing terribly will probably never be a goal of mine ;-)
Alright folks, brain is shorting out and I still need to go write an email to my mom and dig up some dinner. I'll try to get around to more blogs soon. Have a great weekend!