Let's see if I can dig up enough random thoughts for a Friday Five:
- Firstly, thanks go to my critique partner Liz, who has hounded me relentlessly this week to get back into my revisions. (I swear I'll get more chapters to you soon!) Were it not for her, I probably wouldn't start again until mid-August.
- Google+ is out and everyone around me is going bananas for it. Are you on it? Do you like it?
- I have never lived somewhere with hardwood floors before. I have no idea what to do with them. Do I need to buy a mop and bucket? A scrub brush and kneepads? Do these Swiffer monstrosities do the trick, or is it like rubbing a wet paper towel over a greasy stovetop?
- Reading time has been severely curtailed, but I'm still reading Unwind by Neal Shusterman and love that I have no idea where it's going right now.
- I baked a cake! It looks very pretty, but to be honest the eating experience left something to be desired, as the cake base came out unpleasantly dense. In Germany you just buy your cake base in the grocery store, and thus I haven't been able to find many recipes online. Any Germans out there have a fabulous recipe for a nice fluffy Tortenboden?
Enjoy the weekend!