- Oh happy day--I was the recipient of an unexpected writing cave day on Saturday, when my husband went to work for a 9:30 a.m. meeting and ended up staying there until 1 a.m. Poor him, but I got LOTS done, hooray!
- I accidentally fell asleep in my contacts last night, and the punishment for that is being forced to wear my glasses today. I don't know if there's anything I dislike more than wearing my glasses. It's not a vanity issue, I think glasses look stylish. I just can't stand the way they feel on my face.
- Have you purchased the domain of your name yet? Why not? It costs a few bucks (I think I spent $60 for a five-year contract), but feels good to own it if you're worried about some doppelganger snatching it out from under you. Even if you're not ready to put up a site, you can just make it redirect automatically to your blog until you are.
- Are you still using password verification for your blog comments? I turned mine off a while ago after reading a rant on someone else's blog, and since then I've only gotten one spam comment. I'm not saying it's wrong to use it, I'm just genuinely curious if anyone has had trouble with spam on their blog. Watch, now I've invited doom down on my head and will probably get a zillion spam comments in the next week...
- And finally, here's my revision tip of the day: Try editing your doc in two-page view. It makes it look more like a paper book, and for me that really helped to see how my pages were flowing.
Monday, October 17, 2011
A Monday Rundown
It's been a heck of a Monday so far, and I am only capable of bullet points and random thoughts: