Thursday, February 28, 2013

Five Random Updates

For the sake of expeditiousness, I give you a quick Friday Thursday Five:
  • The 100-year-old house my husband and I have been renting in Venice Beach for a year and a half just sold, so it looks like we'll be moving within the next two months. Joy. I'm looking forward to a change of scenery, but moving is something I have recurring nightmares about. One bizarre thing that happened: yesterday while the realtor was giving someone a tour, I stepped out of my office to see Rosario Dawson strolling down the hall. For the record, she was very friendly, but she did not buy the house.
  • I'm not blogging much these days because I'm deep in thrall to Book Two. Right now I'm putting together the painfully tiny pieces of the puzzle, and it's kind of torture. A satisfying, wonderful torture, to be sure, but...I do wonder if other authors beat their heads against the wall as much as I do, or if it comes more naturally to some. I started to write a "writing sequels is hard" blog post, and then I figured it would be more useful to me to just work on writing the sequel with that time instead.
  • I watched the Oscars last weekend, and...meh. The show was alright. I wasn't too offended by Seth McFarlane's jokes, but most of the presenters were kind of zzzzzz. The singers were great though, and I liked that the awards were almost impossible to predict. For me, at least. And thank you to everyone on Twitter who jumped to answer my question, "Is Wreck-It Ralph really that good?" Apparently it is. It has been queued for viewing.
  • Something I am greatly looking forward to: this weekend I am getting together with some of my local writer besties for a writing day/celebratory dinner. What/who are we celebrating?? That's for us to know, mwahahaha! 
  • And finally, because you know I love me some rockets, I have to point out that my husband's company is once again sending a Dragon capsule to the International Space Station, with launch taking place early tomorrow morning. If you're curious about watching the launch--and it's heart-pounding, I promise--check here: http://www.spacex.com/. It's scheduled to lift off at 9:30am ET.

7 comments:

  1. Your husband works for Space X? That's awesome!
    And cool that you got to meet Rosario Dawson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude I know who you are celebrating ;-) WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!

    Good luck with the move and Book 2. You got this, girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for our celebration! I love us! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are going to have a blast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool stuff! Have fun this weekend! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for celebrations!! And feel free to write me a Book 2 commissary e-mail any time you need to. I was actually just thinking about your Book 2 today and hoping it was giving you an easier time than mine is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for celebrations! And good luck with your move--I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete