Friday, April 26, 2013

In which I get to show you...MY COVER!!!

Today I am absolutely hyperactively excited to share with the world the cover for my debut THE LOST PLANET!

Here it is!!!!



Isn't it FABULOUS?!! The gorgeous artwork was done by the very talented Jason Chan, and I have to say, the first time I saw it, it completely blew my mind. Actually, the first time I saw it, I was at an eye appointment without my glasses, peering at my phone with my -9.5 vision, and it still BLEW MY MIND.  I had no idea what to expect with my cover, and I'm so very, very happy that the artist and the brilliant people at Feiwel and Friends came up with something that captures the spirit of the book so perfectly!! Tell me what you think in the comments, I'd love to hear!

In other news, I also received these lovelies in the mail yesterday:


Real live ARCs!! (ARC = advance reader copy, for those who may not know...an uncorrected early version, not the final hardcover!) I may have spent a little time yesterday staring at them...and may even have taken a whiff or two of the pages. Book smell! My signing time at BEA is Friday the 31st from 11-12, so if you're going to be there, do come by and be sure to introduce yourself!!

34 comments:

  1. That is awesome. I love the monster-dragon-lizard meanie guy!

    I'm telling you, this cover says, "SNATCH ME OFF THE SHELF!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um so going to your book signing at BEA :D
    I also want to say your book cover looks like a movie poster and that is AWESOME@!!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, it's AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap, that's awesome!! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel! Holy crap, girl. It's beautiful!!!!!! And so fast... this seems like it all happened so fast. I can't believe you have ARCs already and everything. Wish I was going to BEA so I could be all fan-girly swoony over you ;-)

    You're amazing. Can't wait to read! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude you only sniffed your books? When I get my book someday, I'm going to get naked with them. So happy for you! It's really a beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one cool cover. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So fabulous!!!!! LOVE that cover, and no joke about smelling the ARCs! This is so great, it's really happening for you! Loved this story---Can't wait to see it on the shelves!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's perfect! I can't wait to add it to my bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH WOW! That is SUCH a rockin cover! And ARCs,too! Woohoo! Congrats! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Screams of action and monsters--both reptilian and villain.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is GORGEOUS. *grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Rachel! What an awesome cover!! (and 'book smell' - LOVE it!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I gave a little gasp when I saw it. It's awesome. Harkens to Star Wars one sheets.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cover is GORGEOUS!!! Cannot wait to read it, Rachel! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing, Rachel!! I love it -- and it feels like it came so soon! Just can't wait for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yippee!!! They are awesome! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yeah! I am glad I got to be part of helping to make this happen in some small way -- it was a pleasure to be part of the DFWs crit Group;you are a damn fine writer and I can't wait to read it.
    Please send details of the signing. thanks, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  19. I looked it up myself -- too bad I can't make it to NYC, but I am so proud of you!!! And it looks amazing. I love the title too. I wish you much success:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so late, but this is wonderful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm VERY late--but it's so awesome I just can't help commenting. Woohoo! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete