Thursday, January 13, 2011
Big thank you to Jessica K. and Logan, who have bestowed upon me the Stylish Blogger Award. I feel so popular! Actually, this kind of reminds me of the chain letters I used to get from my cousin when I was little, back when people in different states corresponded with each other via U.S. Mail. Remember those days?
Anyhow, I'm game. Here are the rules and regulations:
Should you accept this award, you must perform four duties:
1. Thank and link back to the person to gave you this award. (Done and done.)
2. Share seven things about yourself. (Who doesn't love talking about themselves?)
3. Award ten recently-discovered great bloggers. (Can I find ten bloggers who haven't already done this?)
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award. (Here comes the chain mail feeling...)
Without any further ado, here are my Seven Random Facts:
1. I speak five languages, in varying degrees of fluency (but all well enough to get around town). My best language, after English, is German.
2. Jobs I held during college: Wal-Mart cashier, McDonald's jack-of-all-trades, grocery store cashier
3. Movies I can't help but re-watch when they come on tv: Casino Royale, Legally Blonde, The Temptations.
4. Internships I held during grad school: copy editor at the Akron Beacon Journal, acquisitions intern at the University of California Press.
5. Names of cats I've owned: Midnight, Autumn, Ace, Pinky, Simon. Dogs: Daisy, Riley.
6. I have an entire tall bookcase full of cookbooks. I've never counted them but I would estimate maybe 200 cookbooks. It's an addiction.
7. My middle name starts with a Z, and you've probably never heard of anybody with this name. It was my great-grandmother's first name. Can you guess it? I use it often as a profile name.
Well, that was fun. Now for the naming of my successors, and here is where I will do what I have always done, and break the chain (gasp! horror!). Instead of passing along the award as such, I am going to list below ten cool blog posts selected from bloggers I like. Click on these posts, and if you like them, follow these awesome bloggers. If you see your blog listed below, consider yourself tagged and stylish, and feel free to share some fun facts with us.
The Winner's Circle:
1. When Queries Collide! by Alleged Author
2. Internet Explorer Gets The Boot by Carrie
3. Direct Address Commas by Cherie
4. What To Look For In Someone Else's Work by Demitria
5. The Importance of Setting by Lisa
6. Silly Sunday - George Washington by Logan--yes she awarded me, but I had written this before she did, so I'll say she's still fair game ;)
7. Writing Resources - Plotting Help by Liz B.
8. Small Behaviors Add Up by Sarah
9. Taking Control of Your Writing Career by Liz
10. Shaping a New WiP by Shayda
Thanks for playing!