Monday, May 30, 2011

Get Your Writing Butt In Gear

Did that title make any sense? Folks, what I wanted to point out to you today is that the lovely and charming Shallee McArthur is hosting a JuNoWriMo challenge for those of us who need a proverbial kick in the pants! Head over to this post to sign up--there are still two days left to plan out the conquest of your WIP. We'll be cheerleading and sharing the details of our valiant struggles on Twitter using the #JuNoWriMo hash tag.

For me, the goal is to FINALLY FINISH THESE FREAKING REVISIONS. Because if I don't get moving, I'll flop around on this part of the process forever. My plan is to revise three chapters a week, which is totally doable as long as I spurn my friends, order takeout every evening, and cut my sleep time down to four hours a night. Totally doable.

But seriously, sometimes a little jump start is what you need, especially when you've got a million other things going on that suck away your focus. Need to rewrite a chapter (or six, or seven)? Sit down and start, and maybe it will be amazing, and maybe it will be painful and ugly. Then come over to #JuNoWriMo, and we can all whine/cry/exalt/hyperventilate together.

8 comments:

  1. Yay for JuNoWriMo! Your goal sounds aawesome-- you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you'll be able to do it! LOL about the spurning of friends and needing to buy take-out. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could join you, but June is no good for me. I'm hoping to do July maybe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck!!!! I think I'm almost done with mine. You can do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be JuNoWriMo'ing myself. First post on Friday/Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Good luck with revisions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh! Revision! I'm looking forward to that bit, although right now I'm immensely enjoying the content creation part, slathering those blank pages in font.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good goal. I'm working on rewriting during JuNoWriMo.

    -Aaron

    ReplyDelete