Sunday, February 20, 2011

Best Hostess Ever

I don't usually post on Sundays, but tomorrow is a holiday and there is a chance I will be spending it staring at polar bears in San Diego. At least that is the plan for now. It's also a good time to post because I'm lying captive on a heating pad, having thrown out my back yet again. Oy.

I've tweaked my back rather frequently since I injured it last August (at the gym; I am a dummy), but last night's incident was kind of hilarious. We were hosting a little dinner for a few friends, and I was leaning over the table cutting slices of apple cake while our guests played Gran Turismo 5, because our dinner parties are classy like that. As I was cutting the last piece, my back went THWANG! and I threw down the plate and silverware with a clatter and fell into a chair. Then I spent the rest of the evening entertaining my guests from the floor. Actually that's incorrect--my charming guests gathered in a circle around me and entertained me, and fed me cake. On the floor.

Anyhow, don't feel sorry for me--I'm sucking down Advil like a champ and feeling better already. I even made it through a three-hour cheese-making class this afternoon. I already tried PT and it bored me to tears, so back to yoga I go, starting Tuesday. You know what else starts Tuesday? Another freaking SMACKDOWN. The Big Sur workshop is in less than two weeks and I am so not ready. I don't even know if I'm going to write up a schedule this time--I'm just planning to plant my tail in front of the computer as much as possible and write like bears are chasing me.

I'll let you know how that goes.  Happy Presidents' Day!

7 comments:

  1. OMG put a heating pad on it asap. I will not let you be injured for Big Sur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon. This also sounds like a great dinner party. I'll bring Munchkin and Zombies!!! next time. :) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kind of party :)
    Hope you're feeling better!!

    Swinging by to say hi from the blogfest, and following to make sure I don't miss anything good from here on out!!
    The Survival Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Liz - What, you mean I can't do my critiques on the floor?

    @Austin - Thanks, and thanks for following!

    @Kindros - Munchkins and Zombies?! Bring it on! :)

    @Survival Mama - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are better soon. Loved the image of being fed cake, horizontally :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Feel better :-) And I totally want to come to your next party!

    ReplyDelete