Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Back On A Plane

This post is being delivered to you by the maaaagic of technology, since at the time it's (supposed to be) posted, I'll be checking into my 6 a.m. flight to sunny Cleveland. My mom's having a big birthday this weekend, and I'm flying out to celebrate it with the family. I know I said I was a Yooper, and my parents still live outside Sault Ste. Marie, but they are transplanted Buckeyes, so we'll be staying with my grandpa in the farmlands of Lorain County. The previous sentence should make total sense if you're from the Great Lakes region.

Highlights of my stay in rural Ohio: seeing my parents, whom I haven't seen since Christmas 2009 (oy!), seeing my extended relatives, whom I haven't seen since my Oberlin wedding of May 2009, eating at least one meal of Wellington pizza, and one of Lake Erie perch, and five (5!) lovely days of Internet distraction-free reading time. I've got a lot to catch up on. I may hop online if I can get the hot spot function on my Nexus S to work, and if not then I'll go radio silent until Sunday.

These are traveling days for me: flying north for work a week after I get home, to Vegas for a weekend two weeks after that, and to Turkey for a family visit two weeks after that. I'm hoping I can still keep up with my writing/revising, but if not at least I'll have my trusty Kindle at my side. And that counts as being productive, right?

Have a great week!

4 comments: