Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm Still Here

I kind of failed on my blogging intentions last week--between apartment hunting and all the joyful things that come with May, like graduation parties and baby showers, life has been moving along at a pretty good clip over here.

As far as progress on my WIP is concerned, I've just about finished re-rewriting all the rewrites that I lost last month, and I went on a chapter-cutting rampage last week that made me feel lighter and better. I'd really like to be finished with a final-ish draft by the end of July, but I haven't drawn up a schedule yet to help me reach that goal and I don't know that one would help at this point.

No writing will get done tonight, however, because today is my two-year wedding anniversary, and I am planning to cook a small feast for my husband. He gave me some pasta-making equipment for my birthday last week (don't worry, I am the kind of girl who loves to get kitchen tools as gifts), and I think I'm going to try making a batch of fresh ravioli.

To me, our wedding anniversary feels a little arbitrary because we were together for almost a decade before we decided to get married, and there were a lot of special days we could choose to celebrate from those first ten years. Also because our matrimony that night in Istanbul was not legally binding, and I believe the ceremony was performed by a waiter. But it was a great evening of dining and dancing under the stars, and without getting too corny, I have to say that it was pretty special to be surrounded by our family and friends. So tonight, celebration--tomorrow, nose back to the grindstone.

7 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary!

    Yowza...that is one gorgeous wedding dress! Beautiful picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture! Have a wonderful anniversary! Maybe you can write him a song? :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, STUNNING wedding gown. Holy cow! (Ever get the insane urge to put it on again--I do!)

    My husband and I were also together for a while before we married (8 years) and we were already living together. So we celebrate our "first date-iversary" as well as our wedding anniversary. :)

    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! And Blogspot was down last week, so you can always blame your absence on that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress!! Strapless is the way to go (though I'm biased because mine was also sans straps). ;) Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete